1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you carry a pocketknife?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 28, 2007.

?

Well, do you?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. No

26 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Last week, a friend of mine asked why I always carried a pocketknife. I told him my grandfather always had a little two-blade pocketknife and since I looked up to him, I started carrying one years ago.

I'm not the only person who still carries a pocketknife, right?

2. da el g

da el g Member

do you whittle too?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I whittles what I sees.

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i don't know anyone who carries a pocketknife except people who have those tiny ones as their key chain. i guess i haven't asked everyone i know, but as far as i know, no one i knows carries one. hopefully that makes sense.

oh, and i can't really remember ever wishing i had my swiss army knife with me right about now.

5. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I feel naked without my pocket knife.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I used to have a cheap one. Wasn't good for much. I have a nice one now that's sharp. Very handy for opening boxes and especially that infernal hard-plastic wrap that's on everything these days.

Use it all the time.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't carry one and haven't since I was maybe 12.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Don't carry one. Never have, never will.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Since I'm not a hippie redneck, I do not carry a pocketknife.
    I also don't expect to get into any knife fights anytime soon either and even if I did carry a knife, I don't know what I would use it for.
    As a matter of fact, I like to keep my pants pockets as empty as possible. I dump change as quickly as possible, and I rarely carry my checkbook.
    So it will be keys, phone, wallet and that's it. One of the true joys of vacation is not even carrying keys or toting a phone, just the hotel room key card and a wallet.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

In the pockets:
    Keys, change, phone, yo-yo.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No.

But while installing some moulding in my kitchen on Monday, I needed to put shims to level some of it. To get the shims to fit, I had to whittle down one of the edges to make the whole thing skinnier.

12. I found a small Leatherneck in the grass outside my college's art department the summer after I graduated. Carried it ever since. It comes in handy sometimes. I almost had to give it up at a hockey game a few weeks ago but the security guy let me through with a warning.

Draft saved Draft deleted