1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Vegetarians and Vegans Think They Are Better Than Everyone Else?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Aug 7, 2013.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Just when I was ready to lay down my battle axe w/r/t this topic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...-parents-have-been-charged-with-manslaughter/

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Against stupidity? Against...?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Had my first Impossible Whopper today after reading about the history of it in the New Yorker. The taste was different, almost "more" of the charbroil than you'd get from a regular whopper, but the mouthfeel wasn't quite there. If they can make these for cheaper than meat though - I'm all in. It's kind of like the first hybrids when their cost was more than you would make up in the fuel savings.

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Can they make chicken next?

5. 3_Octave_Fart

I feel - what's the word, joy? - every time this thread is resurrected.

Says the guy who doesn't booze, eat meat or drink soda six years after this thread was started.

I'm so hardcore now I drink 100 percent fruit juice. Pretty soon I'll be yelling Drago at the top of a mountain.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The Impossible and Beyond meatless products are pretty damn good. Comparable to ground turkey, which I eat way more of than ground beef.

But there are “meatless” products out there that are pure shit. If you are going to try meatless, go for the good stuff and eat it with tacos.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

What do you find better about these meatless products than just a veggie burger? I don't understand this category of products. I had one of the burgers and I thought the texture was really odd.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

It’s like eating a burger. Did you watch the Rober video?

I do suggest sliders and taco meat rather than meatloaf or meatballs.

11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I use lentils and Frontier Beefless for meatloaf. Beyond is the best when it comes to commercial meat substitutes. Okara is good for meatballs, sauces, and taco filling. Thing is, you usually have to make your own tofu to get it.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Justin Fields is a vegan.

Explains a lot.

Draft saved Draft deleted