1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do mature women appeal?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jaredk, Sep 14, 2012.

1. freqposter

freqposter Active Member

As one who dabbled in this world a bit in recent years, I would take the 41-year-old mother of two over the 24-year-old with no responsibilities any day. Provided they both took some pride in their health and appearance.

The older woman is more appreciative of a man's sincere attention. She won't fall for corny lines but eye contact, a listening ear and a confident smile will draw her in. How a man walks in her presence. How he interacts with children.

What I always treasured about older women is that I found them much less inhibited at this stage of life. It's almost as if they knew, in their early 40's, that their time was running out for true satisfaction. This really was last call...for love. They were open to just about anything. Pleasing their lovers and being givers and not takers, like a woman in her 20's is more like to be.

The older woman holds the scars of life. Some of the scars on the inside from failed relationships or regrets over a more exciting path not taken. Some of the scars on the outside, whether a surgery or a complicated pregnancy.

An older woman knows what she looks sexiest in. She understands the components of color, fit and pose relating to how she wants to present herself. Yet the mature woman still wants to be treasured, especially if she spent her 30s in the hamster cage of Mommyhood, ignored by her man and taken for granted by her children.

This woman wants one final ride in the sun, in more ways than one. She wants to be able to look back, when she's 75 or 80 and think back to these decades with a deep smile. Sure, the journey wasn't perfect but she wants to remember the high points.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

YES!!! The return of freqposter! I sure would like you to create a Cliff Notes version of your dating advice and repost it.

I miss that Petrino thread. One of the greatest SportsJournalists.com highlights of 2012.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Goddamn, now I remember why it's dangerous to read SportsJournalists.com at work.

I almost snorted Coca-Cola all over my keyboard reading freq's post. Awesome.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I expected better. Where are the anecdotes? Specificity is the most effective tool in teaching and telling.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I would think that an older woman would be tougher to talk into a cornfield tryst, tho.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Um, I sincerely hope that myself and the lovely ladies of SportsJournalists.com won't be settling for their "final ride" in their 40s. Likewise for the boys.

7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Not just no, but HELL NO! I don't want to drive a 1984 Ford either, for the same reasons.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm doing the math here and I'm figuring most women 25 years older than me are either dead or in a home.

That's why I have HC. :)

9. dooley_womack1

Yeah, you're robbing the cradle.

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The alternative:

[​IMG]

11. dooley_womack1

No outing Mrs. Creosote 3.0!!

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think it depends what you're looking for.
    For a fling, or fun? Yes, you can definitely go older. Maybe even 20-25 years, depending on where you are (25-45 can work; 30-55 might be a little icky).
    If you're looking for a deep, long-term relationship, though, it gets much tougher. If you're in your 20s or early 30s and want kids, marriage and to grow old together, a 50-year-old woman probably isn't the right fit for you.
    And for the record, I married a woman five years my senior. I'm 36, she's 41. Even that small difference gave us a tiny, tiny window for children (neither of us wanted any right away) that has probably closed.

Draft saved Draft deleted