1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I really move that slowly?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The problem with that is that yea, you paid for it. But you don't let the cashier scan the barcode on the paper. A lot of stores can keep track of inventory or how much they sell of a particular item.

That's the problem with us these days. It's always rush, rush, rush.

2. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I always stand to the side a little bit after I'm cashed out and I'm putting my card/change in my wallet.

What a superdouche.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

After reading this thread and the Reilly thread, it's obvious ...

PEOPLE. SUCK.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

It's almost like walking a 10 year old so you can pitch to the 10 year old cancer survivor.........is a trophy really that important?    ;)

just fuckin' with ya Zeke!

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If you just got the fuck out my way, we wouldn't have had a problem. Fucker. :p

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If he's got cancer, he doesn't need that fuckin' snickers bar, anyway, Larry!

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Hahahahah, me too!!!! If there's someone in line behind me with one or two items, I will offer them the chance to go ahead of me. Nowhere I have to be is as important as being rude to people. The landscaping was a dicksnort and more than likely a fucktard. May he be destined to dig holes for trees forever.

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Your landscaping pal would have looooooved me today.

Went to the self-service checkout at a local grocery store. Had a gallon of milk, some ground beef and Manwich.

Total cost around $11 bucks.

I had $8 in change.

I made sure there was no one behind me when I started, though.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

To me, it's a matter of moving with due diligence and urgency.

No, I'm not defending the turd that almost pushed smallpotatoes aside. All I'm saying is if someone ahead of me is being inconsiderate, rude or oblivious to his surroundings, I lose patience. I fully understand that I'm one of billions of people on the planet. But, like others, those who are ridiculously slow - and clearly aren't disabled or limited for whatever reason - piss me off. Consideration and respect for others are kinda high on my list.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Like I said. [/Lee employee]

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

All I ask when in line is that the people in front of me . . .

(1) (ONE) !!!!!!!!: HAVE YOUR MONEY OR CREDIT-CARD READY WHEN THE TOTAL IS FINALIZED:

Nothing is less considerate than WAITING to reach for your wallet/purse until you see a figure. Get with it, Abner.

(2) Depart the counter frontage with reasonable alacrity once your transaction is completed.

We're easy.

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Well, shit. If I don't post more, I'll never get to 500. So here's my .02.

Taters, you were not in the wrong. It was the landscaper. Hell, if he would have left five minutes earlier, he could have spent four minutes and 40 seconds dicking around at the store.

Draft saved Draft deleted