1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do I have any recourse with the airlines?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Jan 10, 2008.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I just meant is there any way to get some value for the voucher I'm about to lose. I don't feel like I was wronged, just trying find a way not to let it go to waste.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

My mistake. The tone of the original post indicated otherwise.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Didn't mean it to sound like that. True, I called them fuckers, but that's just because I'm frustrated that I might miss my friend's wedding. As I said in the initial post, I was hoping to get a sympathetic employee who would hook me up. I didn't feel I was "owed" or "wronged." Just wished they would show some flexibility.

4. Zsaji

Zsaji New Member

Priceline, Travelocity, et all are good ways to get inexpensive flights. Just be aware that if something godawful happens to your flight, you're flying on the lowest class of ticket. The small print on the bucket tickets that they, and travel agents can use, is that the airlines have no obligation to rebook you on another flight, and definitely not for free. You'd be lucky to get on standby.

Just make sure you fly during business hours, just in case you need to get ahold of your travel agent to get them to rebook you. It's also a good idea not to fly on the last flight of the day...just in case.

Draft saved Draft deleted