1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DIVORCE

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, May 27, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Would definitely recommend Match.com, if only for the personality review. Like IJAG said, it gives you an interesting -- and honest, if you're honest about it -- perspective on yourself.

And Moddy, I trust Internet dating a lot more than I trust "traditional" hook-up dating. Finding someone at a bar or a club or a party has never appealed to me, although I've done it a few times. As the "real persona" thread shows, it's a lot harder to hide your true personality when you've got 1,000+ posts to sort through. :D

2. pallister

pallister Guest

I didn't need a computer telling me I'm not normal. I'm well aware of that.

3. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

match.com is okay. I'm on it. Have had a couple of dates off of it.

fastcupid.com, though, tends to have a better selection. It's a site that combines the personals you see on salon.com, theonion.com, nerve.com, laweekly.com, several others. They bill themselves as "the smart people's personals."

My batting average with chicks is considerably higher on fastcupid. match comes off like a goddamn sorority mixer at times.

4. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

this will also go in my personal 'remembrance of things past' thread ... short of quoting myself, earlier in this thread i said there were signs that indiciated i should have never married my ex-wife. anyway, this evening i'm out back getting the grill ready and listening to tunes and the grateful dead's 'bertha' comes on. it's one of those tunes that instantly takes me to a specific time and place ... 'bertha' takes me to soldier field, summer of '92. at the time, i was in college and lived a couple of states away from illinois. a guy i work with offers tickets to a cubs game at wrigley. i do a little research and find out the dead is playing at solider that night. i jump on the cubs tickets. i thought i would surprise my girlfriend (the ex-wife) with the dead show, so i asked her if she wanted to go wrigley for a cubs game without telling her about the dead show. she flat out refused to go, so i said screw it. i asked a buddy. a completely stellar day. cubs in the afternoon, then we made our way to solider for the dead that evening. scored what we needed, including tickets to the show. when i returned, the girl was all upset i didn't tell her up front about the dead show. signs, signs, everywhere signs.

5. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

nice. 8)

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, got the divorce papers today and discovered a couple of errors, which will be remedied soon.
    Was also told June 18 will be the official date. So, I will have come within less than 2 months of my four-year anniversary. Good stuff.
    Thanks for all of the advice on this thread. It has been very helpful, plus the countless PMs.
    I plan on being a little more selfish in the coming months as a result.
    Angola!
    P.S. I have heard many times how this board allegedly is so good in times of need, and I never believed it. But after this thread I always will. I thank you all, because it has meant more than you could ever know.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06052007/gossip/pagesix/newly_single_pagesix_.htm

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

That's not really about divorce. That's about some guy's small penis.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, I got a call at 4:42 p.m. CST that my divorce is official.
    What now?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Drink some, bitch some and sleep on it.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I won't say congrats, of course. But I'm glad the stress of finalizing it is off your plate.

That could serve as standard advice for 90 percent of the questions on this board.

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Go to the bar and look for girls with dog poop on their shoes.

Draft saved Draft deleted