1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Division I-A football conference changes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Aug 7, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

A little help here from my friends, please.

I'm updating my football links page, and I'm moving the teams around for conference changes.

All I can see is that Temple has moved into the MAC, and Western Kentucky has moved into I-A as an independent.

Anybody know any more? And while we're at it, are there any I-AA conference changes?

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't know offhand other changes, but check out Nationalchamps.net. Not only is it a good site, but it's the home of the incredible Helmet Project.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The Helmet Project is one of my favorite sites. Ask DyePack.

Oh, wait ... you can't. ;)

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Shottie,

I've had your sites bookmarked for a while... thanks for doing this.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up for your basketball pages (you might know this already) ... Valparaiso has moved to the Horizon League, and the Mid-Con has been renamed the Summit League ... or Horizon League Lite, if you will.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

For FCS changes: In 2008, the Big South adds Stony Brook as an associate football member. Stony Brook will play as an independent this season. Presbyterian begins a long trek up to DI and is an independent this year. They'll be on all of the Big South schedules by next year but can't compete for a league championship until 2011.

I believe the Gateway adds North Dakota State and South Dakota State in '08. Duquesne moves out of the MAAC and into the NEC in 2008. North Carolina Central is up and playing as an independent this season, and Winston-Salem State has moved into the MEAC full-time starting this season. Campbell is starting non-scholarship football in 2008 but I don't know where they'll play. North Dakota and South Dakota begin their transition in 2008 and will play in the Great West, replacing NDSU and SDSU.

Austin Peay rejoined the OVC this year in football after playing for several years in the Pioneer League.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

In I-AA (or whatever the hell they call it now), the Atlantic 10 is now the Colonial Athletic Association

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Division I Football Championship Subdivision. ::)

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I don't see Texas Methodist University listed.

;)

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Don't wory, Coach Taylor will get those boys coached up in no time!

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

FCS. You know you want it, bitches.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

South Dakota and North Dakota are joining the I-AA Great West Football Conference in 2008. Not sure if they're still D-II this year or not.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

They're still in their exploratory period, and eligible for DII championships this year, I believe.

Draft saved Draft deleted