1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Diversity in the private equity industry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

http://www.littlejohnllc.com/our-story

Check it out. Good to see.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Antonio Miranda adds some spice to the tribe

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is this Dennis Littlejohn's company?

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I remember when I was at a big NY law firm in the late 90s and we started having mandatory, 3-4 hour "diversity training" I enjoyed wondering aloud why we needed so much time to learn that parties from different states could go to federal court.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Gannett used to love all sorts of diversity propaganda meetings and mainstreaming initiatives. Of course, reporters at my paper were told that it was rude to flat-out ask sources if they were a minority over the phone, but they were told to try to find mysterious ways to get the info out of the source.

Mainstreaming. A total waste of time.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

!

8. YankeeFan

The White House rushed Tuesday to allay concerns raised by some civil rights groups about Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan and the hiring record of Harvard Law School when she was dean.

While Kagan led the school from 2003 to 2009, 29 faculty members were hired: Twenty-eight were white, and one was Asian American.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/11/AR2010051103390.html

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Surprised that they would bring this up now at such a critical juncture in her nomination process

10. YankeeFan

Ruth Bader Ginseburg was on the D.C. Circuit for 13 years. She had never had a single African-American law clerk, intern, or secretary. Out of 57 employees, not one was African-American.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.