1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dirty New Mexico soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 6, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

LeGarrett Blount is in love.

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

You only cover us when we pull our opponents' hair and kick the ball into their face!

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Her favorite food is tacos ... must like the crunch.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Don't you guys know there's a running soccer thread for this?

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

The ref in that game might want to consider another avocation.

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Let's be honest: That's a true statement.

7. top_dog

top_dog New Member

The official release from UNM athletics includes ...

"We showed a lot of character out there," said head coach Kit Vela. "We showed that we are the soccer team that we are and that we can stay with a team like BYU. We needed the ball to bounce our way a few times. I think that we dished out everything that we were getting and it was a heck of a game."

And then this line from the release:

The Lobos went punch-for-punch with the Cougars ...

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

What, you haven't been watching the new nightly women's soccer show on ESPN?

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

There were, no doubt, some cheap shots but there was also a lot of acting on the BYU side. Vlade Divac would be jealous.

This kind of stuff happens in women's soccer more than you'd expect.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Like when that girl acted like her neck had been dangerously whipped back by being yanked to the ground by her pony tail with no warning or provocation?

Fanboi much?

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

While I was at the University of Kansas, one semester I covered women's soccer. And of course, I've covered countless high school girls games and juco women's games. For reasons I've never understood, referees seem more reluctant to break out the cards for women. During one KU game against Nebraska I covered, a KU player was whacked from behind. KU player stands up and open-hand slaps Nebraska player in the face. No cards. This year during a juco game, home team had a breakaway in the box. Visiting team, which was down 10-0, pulls home player's shirt and she falls down. No foul.

That No. 15 from New Mexico shouldn't be suspended for a couple games next year. She shouldn't be allowed to play college soccer again.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Take away all the shit when the ball was dead.

The push at 0:29 was a foul.

The challenge at 0:33 was ridiculous - the NM player was going for the legs. That is bullshit, and should have been a card.

She should have been thrown out after any number of those fouls.

The ref'ing was atrocious.

Birdscribe's kid goes to this girl's high school alma mater. What the hell they teaching at Paraclete?

Draft saved Draft deleted