1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DirecTV with Tivo problem

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Come home tonight and noticed CSI wasn't being recorded, even though I've got a Season Pass on it. I check the To Do List for recordings and see several of my Season Passes are showing no upcoming showings, including ER (which was new tonight).

I'm dialing DirecTV's helpline, but has anybody else had a problem with Season Passes not working? I'm wondering if it might be some glitch in changing from 2006 to 2007.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Did you record two other shows at the same time? Was CSI a repeat (I'm thinking it might have been). I try to look at upcoming shows on the To Do list every five or six days just to make sure they're going to be recorded, see if anything is duplicated, etc.
    Other than that, sorry. I haven't had any problems on this end.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

CSI was new.

DirecTV's recommendation was to delete my old Season Passes and set up new ones. So while I had the tech on the phone, I deleted my CSI pass. I then tried to set a new one and it didn't work. So I was passed to the next tech. He had me do the same thing.

He passed me to a third tech, who said there was a glitch in the newest software they'd sent out that was affecting some receivers and they were working on it.

4. Mr. Sandman

Mr. Sandman New Member

Here's a thread on a TiVo message board tracking this problem: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=332166&page=1&pp=30

This kind of thing is why I don't keep mine hooked up to the phone line.

5. SnoopCoog

SnoopCoog Member

I'm having the same problems. Fortuntely, I remembered to record CSI and Grey's Anatomy manually, but missed the first 15 minutes of ER. Then with about 15 minutes left in ER, the whole thing shut down and restarted itself. That's the second time this has happened recently.
    I'm starting to think this whole VCR thing.

6. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I had no problems with it recording Grey's and ER last night. I did notice, however that it wasn't planning on recording The Apprentice on Sunday, even though I had a season pass on that. It might be because the season pass was for The Apprentice and the name of the show is The Apprentice: Los Angeles. I am hooked up to a phone line.

Draft saved Draft deleted