1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dinnertime chatter

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, May 25, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, yeah. I know.
    I was joining in.
    My stomach hurts. I'm wondering if I have an ulcer. I am paging DocTalk.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Guzzle a bottle of the pink stuff, and if you don't feel better in the morning ...

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is it true if you drink a glass of milk and it stops hurting, you have one? Milk coats the stomach or some such medical stuff (Doc! Doc!)?
    My brother had some ulcer issues when he was about my age. I'm probably being what do you call it, hypochondrical or something.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Someone pass the yeast rolls. I need something to go with this chicken.

5. Songbird

I would, but I'm knee-deep into this steamy goodness pot pie. STEAMY GOODNESS!

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Knee-deep? That's one big pie right there.

7. Songbird

Ahhhhh, pot pie, AHHHHHHHH! (I have a feeling there a few folks here who understand that reference).

8. chazp

chazp Active Member

No bread for me. I'm starting Protein Power today. Sloppy, you soon won't be able to make fun of my weight!

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Why do you need research to tell you if milk soothes your stomach? If it soothes your stomach, then it soothes your stomach, period. Now, research can tell you if it is good for your stomach, etc.

10. Songbird

Today I tried to figure out how to cover 3 local baseball teams with opening-round playoff games at home. Cooked up a plan: watch the first 2 innings of one game (with photos), drive to the next game to watch 2 innings (with photos) then go to the final game for the final 3 innings (with photos).

It couldn't have worked out any more beautifully, and I arrived to the final game, I shit you not, just as the top of the 5th inning was beginning, and got to see the final 3 innings of local pitcher's 1-hitter -- which was a no-hitter until one out in the 7th.

The idea is that I covered a full 7-inning game with 6 teams in one day. I'll probably do a double-truck package with a story and lots of photos. I love when shit works out like it did today.

How I'm going to make Saturday and Sunday work, though, is causing me to have shpilkis right now. Lots of games in Concord, Manchester and Nashua, with a game I need to get to, but not might be able to, in Plymouth.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

SCOREBOARD!

12. Songbird

Well, just found out that one of the baseball teams lost in extras today. It would've played at 1 p.m. Saturday in Concord. So, I can get to the 2 p.m. softball game (and a 2 p.m. baseball game because local 12-seed beat the 5-seed today), both in Plymouth, stay for about an hour to get photos, then rush over to Concord for the 4 p.m. baseball game.

Draft saved Draft deleted