1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dinner with anyone ... Top-3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff_Rake, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Jeff_Rake

Jeff_Rake Member

A few of us had this discussion today: if you could have dinner with anyone -- past or present -- who would it be?

My Top-3:

1. Dick Vermeil (favorite person, ever)
    2. Meatloaf (incredible passion for what he does)
    3. Norman Fell (Mr. Roper from Three's Company ... sense of humor unmatched.)

*Others came up with Chick Hearn, Charles Schulz, Mike Royko, and ... sadly, Toni Kukoc.

Who you got? Top-3.

2. Re: Lunch with anyone ... Top-3

Allen Iverson would be there for me. I know that.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Re: Lunch with anyone ... Top-3

Man, we're talking about dinner! Dinner, man! We're talking 'bout dinner!

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I ain't doing lunch. It's gonna be dinner and we're hittin' the town afterwards.

My 3:

Keith Moon
    Madonna
    Abraham Lincoln

You gotta figure you're in for some fun with Moon and Madonna. And I'm thinking we can even get Abe to go clubbin'....or at least pubbing.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I had to pass on lunch with a dead man. It would just be plain awkward. Norm's not much of a conversationalist these days.

My three (in no particular order):
    Bill Clinton, John Glenn, Chuck Yeager.

Honorable mention:
    Mrs. Killick (whomever she may be).
    Osama bin Laden (just to pull a Michael Corleone on his ass.)

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Barack Obama
    Charles Barkley
    Michael Jordan

Honorable Mention to: Chris Jones and Charles Pierce (If they picked up the tab and I could pick their brains about writing).

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Barkley and Jordan would be a lock, if you could somehow guarantee you'd get the gambling, shit-talking, fun Jordan and not boring corporate Jordan.

Oh, and screw dinner: We're playing golf. I might actually be able to take some cash off Sir Charles, even if Jordan would bankrupt me.

I'd have to throw in Keira Knightley to round out the group...she wouldn't even have to talk.

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Wow, just three. Hmmm.

And this is dinner:
    1. Roger Clemens (favourite athlete, ever)
    2. George W. Bush (so I could a) call him a liar to his face and b) ask "What the fuck were you thinking and who the fuck were you listening to?")
    3. Will Ferrell (circa 1990s SNL, funny as shit, and I think he can/could party all night long)

10. Killick

Additional honorable mention: Pauly Perrette, the goth chick from NCIS. She's... intriguing. Also, she hangs with Diane Farr ("Rescue Me," "NUMB3RS"), and that sounds like a fun duo to hang with.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm sure now that she knows she's almost good enough to go to lunch with you that you'll get a threesome outta that for sure.

12. Killick

Hey, now. I'm not greedy. Nobody suggested a threesome. I'd be perfectly happy to just watch. :)
    Thought about Obama, but he's been pretty open with the media and his books. I like him alot, but... wouldn't be in my top 3.
    Clinton just has that... presidential aura.
    Glenn and Yeager -- Just tough and smart buzzcuts who could tell some great and interesting stories.

Draft saved Draft deleted