1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dining in Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckner86, May 9, 2007.

1. buckner86

buckner86 New Member

Anybody out there know of any good steakhouses in the Pittsburgh area? Need to find a place to schmooze some high-end golf clients around the time of the U.S. Open next month.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Give Buckner86 (terrible name, but cool guy) some love, Pittsburghers.

This province thanks you. ;D

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh Steak Company on the South Side or Ruths Chris downtown. You could also take them for seafood at Monterrey Bay on top of Mt. Washington which provides an excellent view of the city.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is a Morton's downtown. If you're going high end, that is the place.

I swear, I went once and I felt like the steak never made it to my stomach...just attached itself to my heart on the way down...and I still didn't care.

Pittsburgh Steak Company on the South Side is good, but not really that kind of high end.

Edit: BYM beat me to Pittsburgh Steak Company. I've been to the Ruth's Chris, too. It was also very good, but I thought Morton's would be better for the purposes you're talking about.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

And I forgot about Mortons. Mortons, Ruths Chris, and Pgh Steak Company are your best bet if you and restricted strictly to steak. If you want atmosphere, head on up to Mt. Washington to Monterrey Bay or LeMont.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

My driveway and a grill...'nuff said.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Take them to Lou Pappan's.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

They goona like it! And that's a promise!

Sadly, Pappan's is closed. Nothing says "classy" like the Pappan's at Century III Mall.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Your people are too snobby to eat at Primanti Brothers!?!

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed...then, when you're on your own, go to Mineo's Pizza, Primanti Bros. or Originals, depending on you foods of choice.

Edit: This was in response to BYM's post about the steakhouses or going up to Mt. Washington.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

How about Brighton Hot Dog Shop?

12. BitterYoungMatador2

Or the O?

Draft saved Draft deleted