1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Diminishing sports talk radio talent

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Speedway, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Kay is bad, with a bad voice.

Singleton on the other hand ought to be doing audio book voicework.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

How much can it diminish when there was so little talent to begin with.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The few times I've been in Las Vegas, I've loved the sports talk radio. People there just want to know how to beat the next line, so the discussion is focused on the games (at least what I heard). What a concept.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Got some friends in that sector, out there.
    Some of 'em are goddamn good.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Pretty sure he was one of the victims of the XM/Sirius merger.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The only portion of the day that doesn't include a ex-jock/lousy radio host is 10-noon on 680, during which Atlantans are treated to The Herd, whom I would rate as serviceable at best. The most interesting one is The Rude Awakening on 680, only because host Christopher Rude is in a band named "Pale White Sausage"

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I grew up in the Bay Area where the only "sports talk" was KNBR's Sportsphone 68 for a couple of hours a night. I enjoyed it. Somewhere along the way, poohbahs decided that radio, not just sports talk, had to be confrontational, Yes or No, Good vs. Evil and Greatest ever or sucks. There are still a few hosts I like, give me someone who can be entertaining, not take sports so seriously and maybe learn something every now and then and I'm happy. Sadly, there aren't that many and with the media environment being splintered into a million little pieces, I don't know if it will ever come back.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And if all that fails, kill a couple hours on whether or not Pete Rose should be in the Hall of Fame.

Draft saved Draft deleted