1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

digital video

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Dec 11, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I am a novice when it comes to digital video. I took a TV production class in college about a year before the department introduced digital video as a replacement for VHS equipment.

Anyway, I am interested in investing in some digital video equipment primarily for family-related movies. I have enough skill to create some high-end family videos and even some low-end professional-type productions.

I don't want to spend a ton of money on a camera until I become more comfortable with how it works. But I also don't want to be cheap crap that won't last or do what I need it to do.

So I'm looking for any advice as to what I need to consider when shopping for a video camera. Essentially, I'm hoping to move past all of the technical jargon to determine what really matters. The file format? The hard drive space? The zoom capabilities? Is there an issue with video quality?

In the meantime, I'm going to browse some sites and see what sort of info is available.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

"Family-related movies" sounds like a poor euphemism, Heineken.

Quality isn't as important as making sure you hide the camera well. She may have stage fright.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Don't worry. After all the money shots to the cornea, she's blind as a bat.

Draft saved Draft deleted