1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

digital recorders

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wvsportswriter, Jul 19, 2006.

1. I recently purchased a Sony digital recorder, and I need to change the batteries in it for the first time. I just returned from Big East media day and have about 25 interviews on it that I haven't transcribed. My question is (and I apologize if it is a silly one), am I going to lose all of my interviews when I change the batteries? Or will I be OK? Please, oh please, let it be the latter.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You'll be OK.

How was the hotel?

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How much did the recorder cost you?

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Here is link to Sportpages.com thread on recorders- It was taken from archive. There is some valuable information which still applies today.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020610124108/www.sportspages.com/discus/messages/409/765.html?1014298674

5. It wasn't too bad, Moddy. At least it had air conditioning. Although I don't drink alcohol or like seafood, the clambake was nice -- the scenery, the food, etc. I had a good time.

6. kysportswriter,

I got it at Staples for about $45, which seems like a great deal given how well it has worked for me. Well worth it, most definitely.

wvsportswriter

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's not too bad. I'm gonna check into getting a recorder soon.

8. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Olympus DS. Tell em Passy and Hoopsie sent you.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

damn right

Draft saved Draft deleted