1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

digital recorder

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by papoose88, Feb 11, 2008.

1. papoose88

papoose88 New Member

What's a good digital tape recorder to get?

2. I hope you're asking because you want to use it to record your law or business professors' lectures.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're getting a tape recorder and a digital recorder confused.

I use an Olympus model, but mine seems to have been passed on the food chain by newer models.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I've had a pocket-sized Sony for about three years that can get over four hours on it. Pretty durable as well, considering the number of times I've dropped it onto concrete.

5. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Do a search for recorders and you should find some good answers. There are at least three or four other threads about this topic.

6. JD

JD Member

I also use an Olympus....about 4 and a half hours of recording time on this. Lightweight, tiny, and long-lasting. Most importantly, its pretty cheap (about 100).

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've probably got the same one. I recommend any Sony recorder.

8. JJHHI

JJHHI Member

You can get a lot more than that for $100 these days. As a matter of fact, for $70 you can get the Olympus WS-110, which I just bought. It will hold up to 69 hours (or about 16 hours in high-quality mode) and doubles as a flash drive. It plugs directly into a USB port and records in WMA format. Very nice.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I just bought the WS-110. One thing about it is that you need to watch the buttons since they are small.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i've had my olympus ds-2 for about 2 years now and love it. olympus software works great with my mac. you can buy a cheap model that does things pretty good for not a whole lot of money these days.

i've had a sony and two olympus models and i'm loyal to my olympus

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I second all these points on the WS-110. It's a nice recorder for the money, but it's so small I've come close to washing it twice. Now I have the neckstrap on it to help remind me that it's in my pocket.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I have a Sony ICD-B300 digital recorder. It's small and hasn't given me any problems in 2 years of using it.

Draft saved Draft deleted