1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Digital/Print Sports Reporter- Raleigh, NC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Zads07, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Zads07

Zads07 Member

From jjobs.com
    http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1541194

Company: Curtis Media Group
    Position:
    Digital/Print Sports Reporter
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    December 10, 2013
    Job ID: 1541194

Description:

This successful candidate will have a strong interest and ability to prosper in a fast-paced newsroom environment, producing outstanding journalism for print, digital and social media purposes; high degree of organizational skills; very attentive to details and deadlines. Knowledge of college sports, including the recruiting process, is an imperative.

The attributes needed for this position, in addition to reporting and writing skills, is a thorough understanding of the ever-evolving digital landscape. Multiple items must be prepared daily for ACCSports.com and for an accompanying twice-monthly newspaper focused on Atlantic Coast Conference athletics. Some longer-form reporting and writing will be required for the newspaper. A background in digital media, including social media, is extremely important, as is knowledge of Content Management Systems.

ACCSports.com is a holding of Curtis Media Group in Raleigh, N.C. Curtis Media Group (CMG) is North Carolina’s largest independent radio broadcaster with 25 radio stations and 80 affiliates reaching more than two-million weekly listeners across the state. CMG also operates the North Carolina News Network, The David Glenn Show, Triangle Traffic Network, Southern Farm Network, CMG Southern Sales, CMG Interactive Marketing, TriangleHelpWanted.com, Triad Sports Network and State Government Radio.com.

If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, please send a letter of introduction and a resume to: Christy Pruden, Director of Human Resources, 3012 Highwoods Blvd., Suite 200, Raleigh, NC 27604 or to cpruden@curtismedia.com. Curtis Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and females are encouraged to apply.

2. FusilliJerry

FusilliJerry Member

What would a gig like this pay?

3. dpilar05

dpilar05 New Member

Any update on this opening?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

An update? It was posted three days ago.

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

This forum needs a "Like" button.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You're hired.

7. MRoy13

MRoy13 New Member

Sent in an application and never heard back

8. jclary33

jclary33 New Member

I sent in an application as well and haven't heard back. I'm guessing they are still gathering applications.

9. dingo10886

dingo10886 New Member

Has anybody heard back on this yet? or an update?

10. dpilar05

dpilar05 New Member

I haven't heard anything back yet.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

While the noobs are waiting, the least they can do is fetch me a beer. Or is that sentence why I'm no longer playing with the Dolphins?

12. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Hearing they might be slightly overwhelmed with the volume of applications/resumes.

Draft saved Draft deleted