1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Diet Pepsi Jazz Strawberries & Cream

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery_Meat, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Okay, so I'm trying this strawberry-flavored Diet Pepsi, which carries the name Jazz because ... shit if I know. Is it good? Live vicariously through my taste buds!

Appearance: Well, it's dark brown, as a cola should be. No blue, no crystal, no urine-colored. You can't take that for granted when it comes to Pepsi.

Bouquet: It smells like Bottle Caps candy. That's as close as I can get to describing it.

Taste: Here goes nothing ...

First sip -- you can taste the Splenda, but it's not as noticible as it is in other colas. Strawberry taste isn't evident, and if anything I detect a hint of banana.

Second sip -- A little cream taste on the back side, still struggling to pick out the strawberry. The icky fake-sugar taste is more prevalent.

Third sip -- It doesn't taste like anything at all. Slightly bitter but now not only can I not pick out the strawberry, but I can't taste the cola either.

Verdict: Recommendation to avoid if you're not nuanced in the ways of diet colas, unless you're a Pepsi diehard. There's also a black cherry/vanilla version of it, but I doubt it tastes much different than the Coke version. I hear tell of a "lime-berry" diet Pepsi which might be interesting. But I'll probably pass.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I'll stick with Diet Coke or water.

3. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

That's what she said.

/got nothin'

4. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Nope, if you're a Pepsi diehard, as I unfortunately am, there is ONLY Pepsi.

No diet Pepsi, no Pepsi zero, no Vanilla Pepsi, no caffeine-free Pepsi. No lime Pepsi. Just Pepsi.

Diet Coke, Diet DP, Diet whatever? Fine.

Just Pepsi.

This is a travesty. I'm glad I live in a country where this product of which you speak won't even hit the shelves for another two years, until they can figure out how to translate it into the other official language. ::)

To paraphrase that guy, I feel VERY strongly about this.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think I'll stick with Diet Cherry Vanilla DP

6. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Jazz Black Cherry and French Vanilla is easily the worst soda I've ever had.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Pretty soon, the name of the freaking soda is going to be bigger than the can will hold. Either that, or you'll need a friggin' microscope to read it.

Diet Cherry Vanilla Caffine-Free One-Calorie Clear Dr Pepper Lite.

::)

How 'bout some fucking RC?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

In a completely platonic way, I love you more than life itself right now. I couldn't have said it better myself.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

This made me laugh REALLY hard tonight. I haven't laughed this hard in awhile.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

GIGGITY! :eek: :D

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm drunk. I can't help it. See the Under_Ground thread.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Noted. I'm headed there myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted