1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Die Hard 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Riddick, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Best sequel of the summer... By far...

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I would say your double post was ;)

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

As I posted on my doubled thread, best of the series and I love the first one. Best pure action film in years. 2 hours of kick-assery. 4.5 out of 5. Awesome.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The guy who plays Mac (in the Mac vs. PC commercials) did a really good job. He's a lot better actor than I originally thought.

5. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

This is a fantastic flick... always have loved the Die Hard series and this definitely didn't disappoint me. Very entertaining.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

My wife and I are talking about trying to see the ol' two-for-one deal this weekend...pay for one flick, sneak in to see another. Die Hard 4 would be one of those flicks, but we'd probably have to pay for it since it'll presumably be playing to full houses.

If I see it I will report back! As if you're all waiting to read what I have to say. :D

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Absolutely the worst of the series.

The tension found in the other films is not present in this one. I wanted blood. I wanted fucks. I wanted more foreign terrorists shredded with machine gun fire. I wanted a semi-believable story.

What we get is CGI goof-ball hackery on an epic scale. A fuckin' cartoon.

The F-35 vs. truck scene alone should knock three stars off any rating.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Does he get killed? Because I'll pay to see that, and I'll bring my H-P laptop too!

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I also didn't like the jet vs. truck scene, but the rest of the film was tremendous...

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Nice.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Wasn't he also in Jeepers Creepers?

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

I'm anxious to see if they will do a "Yippy Kay Yay" DVD edition that actually puts in all the swearing and action that you could tell was edited out. Really, all that made it PG-13 was the fact they cut away from about 50 percent of the violence. Also, I'm pretty sure that when he drives through multiple walls with that bad-ass asian woman on the hood of the car, she should have died about 10 times.

I'd put this about par with the second movie on my rating (if only because the action in that one just got a little too crazy and likewise for this one).

And KY, yeah, he was in Jeepers Creepers - Justin Long

Draft saved Draft deleted