1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Die Hard 4 to be PG-13...WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 20, 2007.

1. PG 13 rules are a joke. IMO there should never, EVER allow "Fuck" or any variations of the word to be used in a PG-13 movie. EVER.
    But what do I know...

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, PG-13 movies these days are not much different from most R movies of my heyday.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Just One of The Guys, a movie that has a woman with her shirt off, was rated PG-13. With the Puritans in charge now, it would probably get an R rating.

Throw in the fact that Eyes Wide Shut had to trim out some of the sex because the American ratings couldn't handle it.

Those in charge of ratings are so concerned about sex and language that they don't realize the actual harm comes from violence. But, hey, this is what you get these days.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

That was great.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

And, man, were they spectacular.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's not a coincidence that the best comedies of the last few years (Wedding Crashers, 40-Year-Old Virgin and Knocked Up) are all R...

The "need" of studios for movies to be PG-13 has ruined comedies and action films...

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

maggot farmer!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This movie looks like a giant fucking piece of shit.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

[​IMG]

Sheila Broflovski

"Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty woids! That's what this war is all about!"

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I would contend that it is more about the government's need to make tighter restrictions on what is classified as PG-13 that ultimately results in the studios trimming and dumming down the actual quality.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I'm not tired of hearing these motherfuckin' fucks in my motherf#$%^in' Die Hard movie! :D

Keepin' it PG13. 8)

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Does the government have anything to do with the MPAA? I don't think it does, but I'm not really sure. I believe the movie studios are "self-governed" by the MPAA.

Draft saved Draft deleted