1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Die Hard 4 to be PG-13...WTF?!?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 20, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously, how is that possible?

Those first three movies were all hard (he said hard) Rs. Now part four is PG-13? Does that mean it's all cheese? Or have the standards for PG-13 been so relaxed over the years that ultra-violent action movies get the rating?

I'm not nearly as interested in seeing this as I was 10 minutes ago.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Willis said in the Playboy (Amanda Beard) interview this month that it was so they could appeal to a broader audience. He gets to say fuck twice, one other time besides the Yippy-kay-ay.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

He only says fuck twice?

I love the Die Hard movies. I now refuse to see this one.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Interesting. It must have seemed Victorian to Timothy Olyphant, compared to that TV show he used to be in.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

But the first one came out 19 years ago, so the younger audience doesn't know what the fuck (that's one) the Die Hard franchise is all about, which is a cop killing 40-50 bad guys and saving the fuckin' (that's two) world in about 90 minutes.

(This post is rated PG-13.)

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Yet they can blow up whatever the fuck they want and kill as many people as they want.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Two Fucks?

I can't get through a post using just two fucks.

That's fucking bullshit.

8. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Still, I weep.

Fuck the movie studios. The world is not limited to 12-yr-old boys who play video games. There are 20something women who want to see John McClane in all his fucking glory!

9. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Seriously, I am so bummed about this. I actually considered seeing this in the theater, which is a rarity for me. I loooooved the third one with Samuel L. But I refuse to sit in the theater with a bunch of preteens.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Bingo. I was trying to think of a way to put that and couldn't come up with it.

You can pretty much do whatever you want in terms of violence these days as long as you don't show actual guts or anything. I'm a big fan of 24, but I bet that show is most responsible for making mass carnage acceptable for mass consumption in prime time/movies anyone can get into.

Yet show two tits and BAM!! R.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

The third one didn't do too much for me, but I did enjoy the first two.

And BYH, wouldn't it be weird if a movie just showed one tit?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

40-Year-Old Virgin did it. And got an R rating! Proving my point!!! :D

Draft saved Draft deleted