1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Didn't Rob Gronkowski sexually assault this host?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 5, 2016.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

A little perspective is in order. It was just a clown show. Clown host, clown co-host and clown guest all clowning.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

More laughable: Whitman or Whitlock?

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The poster who said her "response was excellent" doesn't take me seriously.

Yeah, I'm good with that.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If a male "journalist" had offered a world class female athlete money, in exchange for a lap dance, and continued to badger her, along with the encouragement of the host, until she agreed, the internet would melt down, and the "journalist" would be out of a job.

There's no excuse for a female "journalist" to do this, regardless of the reputation, and past, of the male athlete. That it's a "clown show" or a show known for its humor or edginess makes no difference.

Women should be upset. If you're fighting for gender equality, this kind of thing sets it back.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Why do we insist on calling her a journalist? To me, that's the more egregious affront to female journalists.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yes but the world lumps them into the same category. Not just the journalism world.

7. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Both. Although, I readily admit that university disciplinary boards are strange, strange bodies that routinely create disparate outcomes.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

What do you think was "excellent" about it?

I thought her response was asinine. She's "shocked" that those mad at her are women? That's imbecilic. Of course they'd more likely be women, especially women journalists, as its their image being impacted.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  9. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

I did fall for the bait, and now, six pages later, I have reader's remorse.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. I think that is where I disagree with others here. She's not a journalist.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I can't think of a single job description that would move her response into the category "excellent."

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

She's not a journalist. I certainly don't agree with what she did because many people will see her as one and fail to make the distinction.

That said, she clearly has no issue with what Gronkowski did. So are we now going to try to tell women they have been assaulted even when they claim it was not assault?

Draft saved Draft deleted