1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you have an Ashley Madison account?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 1, 2015.

?

Did you have an Ashley Madison account?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. No

37 vote(s)
    97.4%
  1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

One is pointless entertainment for childish men and the other is an Adam Sandler movie.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I bow in your general direction.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So basically ignorant men were paying for the opportunity to be catfished?

Damn, our country must have unbelievable amounts of disposable income given how much collectively it spends on this stupidity plus draft kings/fan duel plus gambling.

Lugnuts likes this.
  4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Guessing he is the yes vote, but he has not yet commented.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

A woman I work with just found out in the past couple weeks that her husband of many years has an Ashley Madison account.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I guess he should have worn a mask.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Having an AM account might not mean anything. Hell, if out of curiosity about the commercials you signed on once several years ago, you have an AM account. The question is whether you actually used it (or intended to).

9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I'm sure that explanation would calm down a pissed off wife.

I once had a girlfriend who, unbeknownst to me, liked to sneak into my emails. She never found anything until I got an email from Match.com asking me to resubscribe. She "confronted" me, asking why I had an online dating profile. I told her that I had on online dating profile when I was single, but I hadn't used it in awhile and canceled the subscription well before we started dating. "Then why do they still have your email?" Well, because they'll always have my email. That perfectly reasonable explanation didn't stop her from being five-alarm pissed at me.

Didn't matter. Once I found out she was sneaking into my emails I broke up with her.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So he's exchanging messages with a bot. Big deal. He certainly isn't having sex with a woman thru his AM account.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If he bought credits so he could try to contact a woman/bot, that's a big deal. If he registered but then signed on only that time (and didn't try to contact anyone, and it was years ago) that's not a big deal.

Draft saved Draft deleted