1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did you get your stimulus check yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DemoChristian, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Hot and Rickety

Hot and Rickety Active Member

A question: I owed money on my fed taxes this year, and the IRS took the money directly out of my checking account. So will I get direct deposit, or a paper check? The FAQ on the IRS Web site is useless (shocker, I know).

I'm hoping it's direct deposit, 'cause I moved this weekend and mail forwarding always has been touch-and-go for me (though I did do my change of address with the USPS weeks ago, so hopefully that helps).

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Haven't got mine, yet.

But I'm gonna put mine in savings so I can dump my gas guzzler and buy this hybrid car :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. pallister

pallister Guest

Government bribe? For what? Votes? He can't run again.

You are such an idiot, spnited.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm wondering the same thing.

Think it will be direct deposit (since they have routing number, etc.), but not absolutely certain.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Yes!!! I got mine. And the only place it's going is into my savings account.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Why is it that there can't be one thread on something involving the government that doesn't turn into a series of "fuck you" political arguments?

This thread asked simply "Did you get your stimulus check yet" and turned into "George Bush is dumb" and "No, George Bush is not dumb, you are!"

Of course, I voted for Kerry, so what the fuck do I know?

As for staying on topic, I'm slated to get mine May 16th. And yes, half of it is going towards my trip to Florida. The other hald is going to pay for a Playstation 3. God Bless America.

Random side note, this is what it must feel like to be on welfare. I like it.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's your money. The hypo is likely to be either (a) too late, (b) insufficient, and/or (c) broadly ineffectual, but I'll take it.

8. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Ours showed up via direct deposit yesterday morning before 8 a.m.

Then I called and booked a condo for a week on the Gulf Coast next month, so now it's already spent.

9. Hot and Rickety

Hot and Rickety Active Member

Ok, I think I finally found the answer to my (and BTE's) question. From the IRS Web site:

Q. I chose direct debit to pay my tax bill. Will my stimulus payment be direct deposited to the same account?

A. No, the account information used for an incoming direct debit payment to the IRS cannot be used as the account information for the direct deposit of the stimulus payment. People who choose direct debit to pay a balance due will receive their stimulus payments by paper check through the mail. [Updated 3/3/08]

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Still nothing for me.

I'm debating two things: Putting the entire thing into my savings account for Seattle...or using $250 of it to get a Wii and then using the rest and saving a bit more. I probably won't need $600 for three and a half days, no matter how much I drink.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I FINALLY got mine today via direct deposit. I was expecting $600 but only got $300. Everything about this damn thing pissed me off.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

We were expecting $1200, but when we did the calculator, found out we're probably only getting $600. This was not given as advertised by the government.

Draft saved Draft deleted