1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DID WILBON GET DUPED BY JOHN THOMPSON?????

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ned racine, Aug 16, 2007.

1. ned racine

ned racine Member

VERY INTERESTING........

http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070815/SPORTS/708150334/1006

HERE IS WILBONS FROM WEDNESDAY...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/13/AR2007081301102.html

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?!

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY?????

And this is a D_B. Somebody posted it on the Ball State thread on sports and news.

4. Good ole, Zaleski.

Didn't realize he read SportsJournalists.com ... that was eerily similar to Bubbler's post on the soap opera thread.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/44135/

5. ned racine

ned racine Member

SORRY....i will whisper in the future...

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Some caps are OK, just not all caps, seems very angry, ya know.

This seems like pretty shoddy reporting by Wilbon, which is not like him at all.

EDIT: fixed :p

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shotglass would have done a better job.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So would shodglass.

9. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Perhaps Mr. Wilbon made the mistake of being TOO close to his subjects. There's a valuable lesson in there for all of us.

10. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Agreed. And I suspect Zaleski has a better handle on the reality of the situation than does Wilbon.

But another issue that bothers me, perhaps more than Wilbon not taking a break from PTI to call Ball State to verify, is this:

Where in the hell was a friggin' editor with the balls to send a red flag up the pole and order Wilbon to get the other side?

Absolute joke.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Zaleski says they got Whitlock out to D.C. to plead their case, yet Whitlock was skeptical about the facts and declined the story. Then Wilbon took it and ran. Very, very interesting.

And very good question, armageddon.

12. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Zaleski, of course, isn't exactly presenting both sides either. But he did do a good job of centering a story that could spiral into complete mistruth.
    Ol' Ronny was a finalist for OU's job when I was there. Good thing they hired Ron Howard's brother.

Draft saved Draft deleted