1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did this man go too far with kids vandalizing relative's home?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Jun 18, 2013.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Rhody, regardless of your parenting skills, you shouldn't have written, even in hyperbole, that an 8-year-old "deserves to be run over by a car."

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I haven't said a damn thing about your parenting. But as far as "personal shit" goes, your statement that an 8-year-old deserves to be run over by a car pretty much killed off any notion that you're a decent person. If that bugs you, then next time think about your "hyperbole" before you press post.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Just wondering, if they had burned the place down, would that be classified as an act of vandalism?

4. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Just because I think those kids are little bastards? The parents' reaction guarantee the brats learn nothing from this. The kids are not victims in this instance.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You're right.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't mind an abstract statement such as what rhody31 said, but statements such as "I hope your child is able to overcome you and succeed in life" crosses a line that shouldn't be crossed.

7. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

It's NOT an abstract statement, though. Shitheels though they may be, those are real 8-year-olds. Just because they're not the child of anyone HERE doesn't mean they're not still children. And it's certainly a less abstract statement than "I hope those 8-year-olds are able to overcome their shit parenting and go on to successful lives" would be.

But I think the point's been made, so I'll leave it.

8. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Did I get challenged to a fight? That's always fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted