1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Katrina save the Saints for New Orleans?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackS, Apr 26, 2007.

1. JackS

JackS Member

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-30/1177395400121300.xml&coll=1

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

3. John

John Well-Known Member

He agrees:

[​IMG]

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Come on, read your history.

Katrina was part of the Vast Right-Wing conspiracy. George Bush caused because he wanted to kill all the black people.

5. writing irish

Here in the South, we enjoy giving presents to folks like you.

Here's your sign.
    [​IMG]

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I'm not exactly sure who or what did save the Saints for New Orleans, but this guy certainly didn't save New Orleans for the Saints:

[​IMG]
    Michael 'Brownie' Brown

7. writing irish

You're doing a heckuva job, RokSki.

8. RokSki

RokSki New Member

:)

9. boots

boots New Member

Like it or not, the Katrina may have done more good for the sporting community. However, let's wait and judge it say 10 years from now.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I guess they did, but only if you think it is wise to cut off your face to save your nose.
    New Orleans has lost a quarter-million people since Katrina and vast chunks of the town are still in ruins.
    Compared to a roof, food and water, sports is the least essental thing a community can have.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

True but simplistic. My friend who lives there -- not a sports fan -- said the Saints' first game back in the Dome was a spiritual lift she and others needed, and a sign the city hadn't been completely consigned to the scrap heap.

12. writing irish

The first Saints game at the Superdome was, for me, the hightlight of the 2006 NFL season.

Draft saved Draft deleted