1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Imus talk about the Rutgers women's team?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Nah, I think I made my point.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

yes you have. We're all very happy that you are so proud of being the biggest racist and asshole on this board.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Which, quite honestly, is not an easy battle to win.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's a tough one, esp. with Yawn and some of the other assholes on here, but I think dignan pulled out the victory today.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Has anyone here ever listened to the Opie and Anthony show?

6. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Hey, at least I'm not a hypocrite. I can live with that. I've also never said anything remotely racist, but that didn't stop some of you from making that snap judgment.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Poiint beingh what, Chuck?

That O & A are now the barometer of tasteful and/or acceptable?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

So saying it's cool to call black women nappy-haired hos is not remotely racist..... wow!

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

dignan, this will be the last thing I say here because I'm not going to get dragged down into what you obviously see as acceptable behavior.

But saying that it's fine to get on a radio show and call young women "nappy headed hos" and "jiggaboos" is, in fact, racist.

Edit: spnited beat me to it.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Some of their stuff is funny. But some of the other stuff they have on there is kind of dumb.

11. Dignan

Dignan Guest

First, Imus never said jigaboo (nor would I), and I posted that I didn't condone the use of that word. That to me is a racist term. The producer who used it was referencing a Spike Lee film. Ho is not racist. Nappy-headed is not racist.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Nappy headed is most certainly racist. It refers specifically to the hair of black people. Go say that to black woman and watch what happens to you.

Ho is a derogatory term for a woman.

Try again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.