1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Imus talk about the Rutgers women's team?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

BTW Mrs. Imus is looking more and more like Ann Coulter everyday

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Can we keep Car Talk?

3. Seriously, this is fish-or-cut-bait time for a lot of the Big Time Journalists who regularly visit The Wrinkle Farm Do you have consciences or don't you?

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Fixed the sarcasm font for spnited. Why do you think WFAN jettisoned Sid to Atlanta, to keep him away from Imus wife??? Nah, Sid's one crazy fucker who thinks he's the next Imus, but does it poorly. I miss Mike Breen on that show. He's the only who can be a smart-ass and put Imus in his place when he gets out of line during Breen's sportscast.

The jiggaboo came from Bernard, who gets away with more shit on that show that the FCC can allow, on television and on radio. Sid get shitcanned and Bernie is still hanging around. Luckily for Lou, the other assistant producer, keeps his mouth shut when needed.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting corporate synergy: One of the companies listed under "sponsors" on Imus' MSNBC page is State Farm, which happens to be an NCAA corporate partner. In light of the fact that the NCAA issued a joint rebuke of the Imus comments today, shouldn't the organization also get on the phone with State Farm and ask them to pick Imus or them? Just wondering.

6. Dignan

Dignan Guest

So I guess I'm the only one who found the nappy-headed ho's line funny. Insensitive, yes, but funny.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I always thought "jigaboo" was one tiny step, if that, behind the hallowed "nigger" in the pantheon of racial epithets, so if you're going to tiptoe up to the line and use one, why not go all the way and go for the big prize??

Imus: Imbecile radio for imbecile listeners.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Imus to C. Vivian Stringer, 'Hey, C. Viv, how's your donkey kong?'

Amazing this unfunny fossil could reinvent himself as some kind of political pundit. Talk radio is a bigger cesspool than the NCAA, and that's not easy.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Imus' popularity among America's political elite speaks volumes as to our eventual national downfall. What an asshole! Always has been. Not funny, not smart, not anything. If I ran any organization, appearing on his show would be an immediate dismissal offense.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"Fag out" was a popular term long before it took the other meaning. That's in the eye of the PC beholder. Packer should take no heat for that.

"Nappy-haired hos"? "Jiggaboos"? There is absolutely no question about the intention, or the tone.

11. Dignan

Dignan Guest

Jeez, some of you on here need to get a sense of humor. Like you've never laughed at (or used) language like that before. Are you really this PC in your daily lives?

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

"Nappy-haired hos"?

Yeah, even I'm that PC in my daily life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.