1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I miss the "Olbermann gets an envelope filled with white powder" thread?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 27, 2006.

1. JackS

JackS Member

Not that I'm a big fan of it, but the places of residence for public figures are published all the time. That is nothing unusual, and in this case, it's even less specific than it often is.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Reads like it's from a gossip column

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It is.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The righties at Page Six have gotten a little desperate, eh?

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

On Countdown, KO just went old school on Murdoch and the NY Post for this story. I'm sure that the transcript and video will be up soon.

6. Kaylee

Kaylee Member

Not sure it matters anyway.

If someone really wants to track you down and put a scare - or worse - into you, they eventually will. It's all a matter of persistence.

7. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

This is pathetic. Someone with a grudge sends him something like that and he's supposed to feel like a wimp for making 100 percent sure there weren't any special prizes in the envelope besides soap powder? Did I miss it, or can everyone see microbes now? I dont care if this story had been about O'Reilly, no one should have to apologize for making sure they're safe given how crazy some people get about politics.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You see, it's funny when it happens to a lib.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

That damned Dan Patrick........always messin' with him.

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

In the current political environment, we're going to have another Alan Berg soon.

11. markvid

markvid Guest

You ain't kidding there.

For those who don't know, Berg was a Denver talk-show host mudered in the late '70's. If I remember right, it was a white supremacist group that got charged, but no one ever was convicted in court. It also becamse the inspiration for Oliver Stone's Talk Radio movie.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Who's the one that's gonna' get Berged? I'm putting my money on Michael Savage.

Draft saved Draft deleted