1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I miss a memo? (Jodie Foster's gay?)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Sep 22, 2007.

1. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

what are you? 14? reese witherspoon is 31 so she really doesn't qualify for milf status even with 2 little kids.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Agreed... and a lot of that is because she plays in many roles that have no sexual appeal.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

She has two kids. She's a MILF. Just as a 19-year-old with kids would qualify as a MILF. (Not going there, just sayin'.)

4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

so a 14-year-old who gets knocked up and has a baby is a milf? i don't think so.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

No, since most guys don't dig 14-year-old chicks.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Speak for yourself and now let me get the door for Chris Hanson.

A girl I work with, used to work for US Weekly in LA and we were talking one day about the paparazzi. I was curious to know how they worked and she said that most of the magazines and the photogs were tipped off by the publicists as to where the stars were going to be. While some are truly random - hello Naomi Watts's "Special Friend" - if you don't want to be in the magazines, you don't have to be.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Great cast but a predictable heist movie.

The actors were much better than the script which was, quite frankly, a little soft.

The Foster character came out of thin air. There were never any explanation why she was so powerful.

That said, Foster is one of the hardest working, most intelligent actors in Hollywood. Not to mention that she also directs and produces.

As someone said, she's mostly a-sexual which, quite frankly, is a godsend these days.

Her role in "Silence" is still her best (other than Taxi Driver but she was a kid)

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ah, Jodie the director. Loves me some "Home for the Holidays" DVD with director's commentary.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Actually, according to an interview that appeared in Entertainment Weekly a few weeks ago, she does live in LA:

Q. You've picked a tough town to call home then.
    A. I can feel a little grossed out by L.A. but, hey, it's nice to feel superior! [Laughs] Clearly you have to wear a lot of rubber to get through this town. My kids are so innocent. They're not L.A. kids and none of their little friends are. And I make movies with real technicians who wake up at four in the morning and wear Patagonia everything. I don't make them with the wives of executives who have fake lips. I was never the ingenue or the pretty girlfriend of Tom Cruise in a movie. I didn't have that career, so I don't have to compete on that level.

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

[​IMG]

Out magazine's "50 Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America" issue. Those are models holding Jodie Foster and Anderson Cooper masks on the cover. Neither, of course, would appear themselves.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2007/04/out_ranks_the_top_50_gays_ande.html

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

"The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane" was my Foster fave, especially the ending...

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think it was Danny Bonaduce her turned her the wrong way. She's a great actress no question, on of those actors who makes bad movies ok, ok movies good, and good movies great.
    Its odd though that her roles, except for Maverick and Sommersby, tend to not feature a present romantic relationship of any kind.

Draft saved Draft deleted