1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did I just see Katherine Heigl ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Oct 31, 2013.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

David "I thought I was too big for TV" Caruso says hi.

2. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

What was bigger?

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The strangest is Elizabeth Moss, who did a commercial for Excedrin before she was on Mad Men. Excedrin then started re-running the commercial.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Shelley Long also waves her hanky your way.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Once Mad Men's over, I'm guessing she'll go right back to them. There might be three good actors on that show. The best of the (regular) women actors -- Maggie Siff and Rosemarie DeWitt -- weren't around much after the first year.

6. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Well considering she has two movies that are in post-production and is currently filming another, she might be just fine. Allegedly she has a deal with NBC on a future TV project. Maybe she did the commercial for a big payday? Especially since reports claim it was only a one day shoot. Sort of like Jon Hamm doing the voice overs on the Mercedes-Benz commercials. Her career might be at a soft level but she's far from McLean Stevenson or Pernell Roberts territory.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001337/

....an if these net worth and yearly salary numbers are accurate, she sure made a lot more money than if she would have stayed on Grey's Anatomy: http://celebnetworth.org/katherine-heigl-net-worth-salary-annual-earnings

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Kevin Connolly? Wasn't he the younger brother in the "Married With Children" rip-off that starred Nikki Cox and a stuffed bunny?

Has he been in anything since?

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

He just directed and narrated the latest "30 for 30" on ESPN.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He's also in a midseason replacement sitcom.

Let's be honest though, we shouldn't confuse the characters on Entourage with the actors. None of them had big careers before the show and it isn't like Entourage was heavy drama. It's not like the Sex and the City cast exploded.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I prefer to think of that as post-The West Wing instead of pre-Mad Men.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

You'd think if somebody loved Entourage so much he might remember the story line about how even a big-name actors like making a quick, easy, big payday doing commercial work.

Biggest comedy on the planet? Entourage's series finale got a 1.6 rating, a pretty significant bump over a normal episode. That's about a quarter the ratings Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, Glee, The Office, Two and Half Men and Family Guy got the same year. How I Met Your Mother, The Simpsons, Mike and Molly, Cougar Town, Rules of Engagement and even Shit My Dad Says had roughly double the ratings of Entourage.

Shows that blew Entourage away in terms of quality, but were always considered low-rated critical darlings such as 30 Rock, Parks & Rec, Bob's Burgers and Happy Endings all had significantly better ratings.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

She's great (and naked) in Top of the Lake.

It's pretty funny when they run old Live Links commercials featuring a pre-Lost Evangeline Lilly.

Draft saved Draft deleted