1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Fox sideline reporter really not know Bill Walsh is dead?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by hondo, Oct 27, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.faniq.com/video/Mike-Singletary-Asked-If-He-Called-Bill-Walsh-After-He-Was-Named-49ers-Head-Coach-YouTube-8605,3/sports_featured

When you click on the video, it says no longer available. Anyone got another version that works?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hell, pretty sad if true. What I found interesting was Jay Glazer saying it was Mike Nolan who asked who the new coach would be when he got axed. He pushed for Singletary and said, listen, he'll decline when you ask him, but he's the only guy who can get everyone on the same page. When he says no, send him to me and I'll get him to accept. I found that fascinating (if true).

3. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The reporter who asked Singletary the Walsh question was Danyelle Sargent, the one who didn't realize her mic was on and said "What the fuck was that?" when she was on ESPNews. She's building quite a body of work.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, but do you want to kiss her, Joe?

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Dammit! That chick is hot.

Along those lines, did anyone see Pam Oliver just blank out yesterday on the Steelers game? They cut to her, she started talking and then lost her train of thought, stumbled for a second, then asked they come back to her after she regained her composure.

Funny.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, it was meltdown day for sideline reporters, who generally are awful. but the 49ers game reporter -- danyelle sargent? -- has had more than enough gaffes to merit a permanent pink slip. this walsh fumble was inexcusable. what a moron.

she was incredibly WRONG about singletary being a former 49er under walsh. then compoynded it by asking the poor guy what words of wisdom the DECEASED walsh had for his former player/protege.

un-effin'-real.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

She needs to be immediately relieved of all NFL duties.

8. TheSportsPredictor

John Ryan of the Mercury News reports that the gaffe was never aired by Fox. But Mike Francesa took the clip and put it on his Sunday night WNBC show.

http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/ci_10828831?nclick_check=1

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Your link doesn't work.

10. TheSportsPredictor

Weird. Works for me. When I clicked it off ProFootballTalk.com it didn't work, though! I just went to the newspaper's site and found the story in their 49ers section.

11. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

The question would have been fine if she would have had another sideline reporter with her:

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted