1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dick's 1994 view on Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tom Petty, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

So you're saying it's not a direct quote. Can you find some? And why would he be reponsible for the statements of his entire party? Would you want to be held accountable for every stupid thing a Democrat said?

2. Guy_Incognito

I answered you there (eventually).

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

"He didn't say those words specifically, but if he did say something to that effect, he might be stupid (or maybe not), and what do I have to do with it anyway?"

4. Guy_Incognito

Dooley & FB will point and laugh, but I honestly have no clue what you are saying.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Uhm, no you didn't.

And I can easily assume falsehood instead of something I don't agree with because there's been no evidence to the contrary. You want to call it something you don't agree with? Good on ya. Not me, though.

6. Guy_Incognito

I did, I'll try to find it. And when I do, I won't assume that you were lying when you said I didn't, but mistaken. I don't know why your default assumption is that everyone (you don't like) has evil intentions, when that they could just be misguided or wrong (in your estimation) is equally plausible.

7. Guy_Incognito

LIAR!!!!!!!

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I think I've been able to boil down Guy's point to this (note paraphrasing, not quoting):

NAH-nah-nee-boo-boo!

9. Guy_Incognito

I don't think we're communicating very well.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Obviously we're not communicating very well. Your post was both childish and incorrect on so many levels, I'm not sure where to begin.

Where did I indicate anything about seeing evil? I know why I and others who share my beliefs support or disregard certain candidates. What I was trying to do is find out why the other side thinks the way it does. Is that really a measure of paranoia? Jeebus.

Next...Liar? How old are you, six? You didn't answer the question. "On most of them, I agree with the Rs." Great. I have no problem with your belief, I'm just wondering why. Why do you agree with the Rs, beyond national security issues?

Y'know, I was warned by others that you would never actually answer the question...that to you, it's an act or a game. I'm beginning to see the futility in actually attempting to bridge any kind of gap.

Answer the question, or don't. But in either case, I no longer care. Gettin' to the point where a man can't even ask a question around here without everyone seeing black helicopters over their fucking shoulders.

11. Guy_Incognito

You said that you assume he's lying unless you find evidence to the contrary. I think that's a bad way to look at it, and assume that people are just wrong until I have reason to think they actually agree with me and falsely pretend not to.

Joke, maybe a bad one. See earlier posts.

I think unborn life is something usually worth protecting; I think most endeavors can be done better by the market than by the government; I think it's silly to have an official immigration policy, make those who abide by it wait on line while inviting tons of people to ignore it, especially during a war. I think that the words of the constitution should dictate what is constitutional , and that if we want it to evolve, we should amend it. I think the legislature, not the judiciary should make law, and would like to see judges who agree with the last two advance. Is that enough?

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/08/16/daily-show-1994-dick-cheney-vs-post-911-dick-cheney/

Draft saved Draft deleted