1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dick Clark

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Dec 31, 2006.

1. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I agree. I'll take Dick struggling through his usual schtick over Carson Daly trying to be cool AND mature at the same time.

2. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

I'm not going to take Dick Clark in the dead pool yet, at least not until next year's show. Yeah, the voice is off, but his hand movement was strong.

Hey, just about everyone had Jerry Lewis in their dead pools a couple of years ago, and he didn't look bad at all last September....

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I certainly see Mr. BYH's point, but I wonder if appearing on this show isn't pretty strong motivation for DC to go through all the rehab that's necessary? Doing this show might be what keeps him going.

4. healingman

healingman Guest

The man is an American icon. Sure, he probably sounded rough but dear God ... I mean, he's coming back from a stroke! If the New Year's gig keeps him going ... then Dick, buddy, just keep on coming back!!

"For now, Dick Clark ... so long" and a salute ....

No Dick ... I salute you!!

Happy New Year's everyone on SportsJournalists.com ... I'm proud to be a part of the community!!!

healingman

5. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I'd rather just see him once or twice saying hi rather than every segment. The skipping No. 10 thing, plus his scary face, made me want to cry as well. But, he owns the show, so whatta ya gonna do. Happy New Year, Dick. The one thing that was nice was his enthusiasm. It's his favorite part of the year.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

BYH is right. The sad thing is that since 75 percent of the people watching the show are plastered, few notice what shape he's in.

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

He sounded like Rev. Jim on the sitcom Taxi.

What does a yellow light mean?

Slow down.

What ... does ... a ... yellow ... light ... mean?

8. Who was the British chick Fox had hosting its show? Quite lovely.

9. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Anyone who was concerned by Dick Clark last night is presumably not listening to Pat Summerall call the Cotton Bowl right now.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've switched to the Gator where Taylor Bennett is doing what Reggie Ball didn't do enough - finding Johnsons in the end zone.

11. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Dick did one hell of a job this year. Probably would've been better though if he started counting down at 10 instead of 20. Plus, he's only on one time a year.
    Funniest moment for me though was seeing Ryan Seacrest try to coax a kiss out of Christina Aguilera. Too bad she didn't slug him.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Like she's suddenly hard to get.

Draft saved Draft deleted