1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dick Cheney hospitalized

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I hope that he recovers.

His death would only make the dark side grow stronger.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Mr. Five Deferments clearly doesn't maintain that calibre of self-knowledge.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ben, it's fucked up that someone would wish ill-will on anyone. Piotr Assputin's initial comment just went behind the line, even for a dick like Cheney. I see he's since soften his stance but damn. He's entitled to his opinion, but I just thought it was a little too much. And apparently I am not alone.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I didn't soften anything, shower shoes (oooh, let's play "Name Calling!! Whoooo!!!!).

You just didn't read what I wrote. You read "I hope he is pondering his many misdeeds as he lies there in pain," and saw "I hope he DIES!!!!!"

But you're right . . . I've really taken a lot of criticism in this thread for that stance. Man, what a tidal wave of pro-Cheney sentiment.

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm not pro Cheney and I can be a cold hearted mother but I am a human being and I don't wish badly on anyone, especially someone who has been hospitalize. It's just not cool IMO.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, not one person on this thread said they wished Cheney would die.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Piotr came pretty close to posting that Ace.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Disagree. He just said he hoped he thinks hard about how he lived his life.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If you want to point to Cousin Oliver's usual response in these threads as an implication that he isn't exactly praying for someone's good health, count me in.

But my words were very clear. I wish fearful and regretful emotions on Cheney, not an actual passing from this celestial plane.

10. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Figuring that out would force Drip to be nuanced. He's a lot of things, but a nuanced thinker is most certainly not one of them.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

This is an LMB moment for you dreunc1542. I'm the only person who thought his post was out of line. I know he's entitled to his opinion, and I've recognized that. However, I don't have to agree with his post just as you don't have to agree with mine.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think you actually have to agree with his opinion, Drip. New rules and all. Sorry to stifle your creativity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.