1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dibble Canned

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Don't have a link handy but all the Nats beats guys have posted something. Nats said he's done, no further comment. No word on replacement, Ray Knight will do color rest of this trip. My guess is he'll do it rest of season.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Dibble makes Hawk Harrelson sound like Vin Scully.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You cannnnn putitontheboard... YES! YGBFKM with the big shot! Mercy!

4. Moderator1

http://natsinsider.blogspot.com/2010/09/dibbles-tenure-with-masn-over.html

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Man, I need to get a custom doorbell with that on it. Of course, no one comes to my house ...

6. Moderator1

Some of us haven't been invited.
    You can come to our house and not listen to Dibble.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Is your doorbell the sound of Strasburg's elbow popping? [/toosoon?]

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

8. mb

mb Active Member

He needs to just keep showing up and broadcasting. You can’t have the cavalry come in and save your butt every time you say something a little stupid.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Great. Now where am I going to turn for intelligent, well-thought out baseball analysis?

Also, this thread would have been even better if it were called, "Dibble Caned".

10. Dibble deserved to be canned for dogging those broads behind the plate two weeks ago. You just don't embarrass PAYING CUSTOMERS on TV just because you want to shoot your mouth off. His Stras comments weren't worthy of being fired, but when you take into account his whole resume, it was the right thing to do. Dibble was being paid a healthy salary to have INFORMED OPINIONS and 99% of the time, his opinions were anything but.

Unfortunately, Dibble will never learn. Nice job, Rob, you douche. Get that tattooed on your ass.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Change the headline to Canned Dibble. Sounds like dog food.

12. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Dibble must be devastated that he missed calling the bench-clearing brawl tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted