1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dez Bryant establishes the real enemy: The media!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's not a ritual it's hazing. And its not for bonding, its a way for older players to establish the pecking order and let the rookies know their place.
    It's also something coaches and the NFL turn a blind eye.*

Fuck Roy Williams. He can carry his own pads. 'Bout time he carried his own weight anyway.

We had a kid from our area who was signed to the team and was injured (season-ending) during a hazing incident in the dorms at camp. He got a small settlement from the team and was cut.

And I agree, Fuck Dez Bryant too and his media bullshit.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It just irks me because Dez Bryant is a complete moron who probably never cracked a C- in his academic career, but sports journalists like us - smart, well-rounded, grounded people, for the most part - have to sit there and not only listen to him rant about the "media," but document it for the masses.

Who of course will side with every word that he says.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine why you might struggle to connect with yout audience.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I feel like I connect just fine with my audiences. I just wish sometimes fans realized that they had far, far more in common with us than they do their heroes like Dez Bryant or T.O. or whoever the latest rocks-for-brain to rant about the big bad media might be.

I just hate that part of this job is sometimes bending over to morons like Dez Bryant and saying, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Your previous post made it seem like you believed that they don't.

Surprisingly, Herm Edwards had the best line in all this - he should have carried the pads, and said "OK, but when I take your job, you're carrying mine."

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

SoDez Bryant might have been hurt carrying his pads?

He should have just done like every other rookie has, it's harmless.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The idea that this is a story is still idiotic. I know training camp writers want as many stories as possible so they don't run out during camp, but deciding this needs to be done was dumb. Sorry, it just is. It's a non-story, and keeping it going by writing about his rants about the media is also dumb. Move on already. How about another story about the TVs in Jerry World?

8. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

A 22 year old makes a questionable decision then looks to deflect blame. Shocking!

It's not like the guy's personal life hasn't been dissected in the national media or anything. I can't imagine why he'd hold a grudge. What an asshole!

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Hazing is strapping a guy to the goal posts for 5 hours. Hazing involves physical pain.
    He was told to pick up a pair of shoulder pads. It's no worse than a senior desk guy in a newsroom telling an intern to get him some coffee.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

His life has been dissected precisely because he IS an asshole.

11. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

By all means, it's justified then.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.