1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deuce McAllister torn ACL; out for season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Sep 25, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

And when he doesn't, I can't wait to hear the King Apologist defend him.

"The QB sucks! Opposing defenses can stack the line against him!"

"The line sucks! It's not giving Reggie enough time to run from sideline to sideline behind the line of scrimmage in order to make something magnificient happen!"

"The Saints play from behind too much! They have to pass the ball!"

"When the Saints play from behind, defenses key on Reggie so he can't catch the ball in dumpoffs!"

"Sean Payton's play-calling is too conservative!"

"Sean Payton's play-calling is too wild!"

"Reggie's not getting the ball enough!"

"Reggie's getting the ball too much!"

"He's only 22! You can't expect a running back to become a feature back at 22!"

etc, etc.

He's going to suck, the Saints are going to suck. Find a new Fathead to gaze at for your dorm room.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

All I did was state the facts. Everytime they gave him enough carries, he came through. Go look it up buddy.

EDIT: You're the same guy who said that there was no way Peyton Manning was going to win the big one, so....;D

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Fucking priceless.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

your "facts" are notoriously loose. He's got one 20-carry game in the NFL. ONE. Big track record there. I see a guy who is soft, avoids contact and wants to be rich and famous more than he wants to be a great NFL back. Maybe he'll prove me wrong. I doubt it.

Here's a fact too: I took my whuppin, admitted I was wrong about Peyton and laughed it all off on Super Bowl Sunday. I haven't given a shit about it since, and the only time it's mentioned is when people who specialize in losing arguments are trying to debate me.

5. THAT'S GARBAGE! AND THE BOARD MODERATORS WHO ALLOWED IT TO BE EXPRESSED ARE GARBAGE! YOU WANT TO COME AFTER A PLAYER -- ONE OF MY FANTASTY PLAYERS -- YOU GO AFTER ONE WHO DOESN'T DO EVERYTHING RIGHT! THIS IS WHY I DON'T READ THE MESSAGE BOARDS -- BECAUSE IT'S GARBAGE! IT MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE! [/Gundy]

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Well crap. [/bitterguywhohasMarcBulgerandwasdesperatelyshortofrunningbacksbeforethis]

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

And everything you said about Bush has been countered by straight up facts. 1 20 carry game. He got one chance and he made it a great game. What, Deuce being on the team is supposed to be his fault? And like I said earlier, he's not in there to hit the holes. That's Deuce's job. He's in there for the home run play. As the week progresses, he'll get a feel for the o-line and develop his vision so he can get into the secondary and use his speed. But who knows, Payton might just throw it 40 times and give Bush the ball the same amount. Maybe he knows that Bush isn't a quality NFL running back. Who knows? But from what I've seen, I don't see why he can't be a great back. Why do you think the opposing defenses always fall for those Reggie Bush decoy plays? It's because they respect his ability.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jason Garrett was great in his first NFL start. I wish we had SportsJournalists.com back in 1993, when 4-year-old Chuck would have crawled over to tell us Garrett was going to the Hall of Fame.

9. It's a double-whammy for me as I'm a Saints fan AND had Deuce on my fantasy team as my No. 2 back. (A friend of mine swiped Bush with the pick right before me.)

The ESPN report says it's his left ACL. Nola.com (The Times Picayune's web site) had Deuce out resting his sore right knee earlier in the week. But I don't remember what knee he tore up in 2005.

Certainly, I can't speak for all Saints fans, but I think Blitz was on to something when he said because of the Saints' terrible history we are a gun-shy lot. It was very wierd heading into this season with everybody saying the Saints were a favorite to reach the Super Bowl because certainly that talk had NEVER happened before.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Bush is not a 20-carry back. He's a dude who gets his yards on sweeps, on passes out of the backfield, on cutbacks. He's not a workhorse back who is going to kill the clock for you.

As the change of pace and big-play guy in a two-man backfield, he can be very effective. And he's gonna rack up a lot of all-purpose yards. But he has yet to begin to live up to the hype as an NFL guy, that great play against Chicago in last year's playoffs was one of the few flashes. Hell, I'll see that and raise you him getting absolutely laid out against Philly.

11. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Is ESPN still reporting Eli Manning is going to miss a month?

12. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

Reggie Bush is a poor man's Dave Meggett.

Draft saved Draft deleted