1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Desperately need car advice ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Aug 14, 2011.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Land a helicopter in front of their service bay and arm the guns. They'll get the message.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I went in for a chat with the GM today and left surprisingly happy. After talking to the GM, a little old man who disarmed me pretty easily, they agreed to cover 90 percent of all costs. Well, Honda agreed to cover 90 percent.

Since the car IS technically out of warranty (depending on whether you consider the air bag wiring connected to the seat belt is actually part of the seat belt -- which is covered to 150,000 miles), I thought this was a pretty good deal.

Podunk, you were right. Once I started talking to the GM, I didn't sense the shaft coming nearly as much as before.

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

The problem with these lights coming is the sensor or computer is likely the issue.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

TBF, have them give you the code ... they should disclose that (but sometimes won't, I guess, fearing that the old paper-clip trick or some other shortcut which doesn't involve dealer service will be chosen over the dealer). Often, the codes can be researched online ... and if it's more than one potential problem, then they either guess in an attempt to save money and time or do everything, which sucks up both wallet and hours.

See if they'll replace the SRS module. At 90 percent covered per your discussion with the GM, you're probably still looking at $70-80, but it should put the problem in the rearview mirror permanently.

Draft saved Draft deleted