1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Desperate for iPod assistance

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

OK. But these "pieces of shit" are rock solid sturdy and work like a charm.

And they are cheaper than an iPod.

Buddy of mine said his daughter has been through several nanos, they're just not big enough to be sturdy.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You'll probably find the answer somewhere on this site: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

I'd suggest running the Ipod installer software BEFORE you plug in your Ipod. Then restart your computer (something you ought to do after any software update/install), then plug in the Ipod. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling, then reinstalling Itunes and Ipod software. If that doesn't work, call Apple's 1-800 number. I've found their customer service people easy to deal with.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I followed their instructions to a T, Gomer. Made sure I waited before I even thought of posting here.

I couldn't find their 1-800 number on the Web site. I'll try searching again.

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

1-800-800-2775

5. HeadFirst

HeadFirst Member

Your computer may not have the right operating system. I had to download a "service pack" to Windows 2000 to get my IPod and ITunes to run correctly on my computer...

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I heard the biggest problem with the Dell is that it just doesn't have the memory that the iPod does...

7. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

To be additionally unhelpful, I agree on the Dell/rather eat my own anus proclamation, Wicked. My escape from the PC world (and most particularly Dell) and into Mac was one of the best things I've ever done.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Called Apple and the phone jockey couldn't figure anything out. I even took my iPod back to the store, exchanged it for the same model and tried to install it on my PC again -- same issue, different try, even after reboots.

Fuck you, Steve Jobs -- or, more appropriately, fuck you, Michael Dell.

Draft saved Draft deleted