1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Desk work - Nampa, Idaho

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by CUinthenewsroom, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, this thread got out of hand in a hurry. Did Angola! stab someone with a trident?

2. So you are saying the Jackson's across the street doesn't count as night life?

3. WSKY

WSKY Member

Why so much hate, Angola!?

4. duckncover

duckncover Member

Angola has nothing to apologize for; nor do I. Until you've worked there, you will never know. But the part in the ad about nightlife is so ridiculous on its face it ought to be a BIG red flag. It's so clearly NOT a selling point, yet so clearly part of the ad.

This is a very tough gig for a lot of reasons, not just nightlife, obviously.

5. WSKY

WSKY Member

When did you work there, duck?

6. I Like HD

I Like HD Member

I look at this paper from time to time and have to admit there isn't much good to say about it. The design, especially, isn't very good.

But the city of Nampa is even worse. It's only selling point is that it's close to Boise, yet it's too far away from downtown to ever do anything.

7. WSKY

WSKY Member

That's what I thought, duck? Run and hide, run and hide.

8. duckncover

duckncover Member

I don't owe you anything, WSKY. You want the job, apply for it. Just know you were warned.

9. WSKY

WSKY Member

I just wanted to know when you worked there. Sorry that is a problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted