1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Derrick Rose to have surgery for meniscus tear

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Your argument has been that college players would be better off staying for more years.

At least you're now conceding that you want them to stay so that you can watch them in college.

And so that NBA teams can ... get different players?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So the Chicago Bulls could have found out that Rose's legs seem to be made out of paper mache.

The Trail Blazers probably would have liked to see another year of Oden.

The only person leaving early helps is the single player. Out of the millions that attend and watch the games, it only helps the 20/30 people who leave early each season and get drafted.

100,000,000/30 = one in every 3.3 mil or so.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah.

The guy doing the work is the only one getting rewarded for it.

How horrible.

FileNotFound likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Do you even read what you write?

He missed a grand total of six games his first three years in the league and was league MVP his third year.

Songbird likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

And, again, your earlier argument was that staying helps the player.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's as if 4 year players never got injured when they entered the NBA. I'd say the Cavs were ok with LeBron not going to school, the Thunder with Durant.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I like the rule for football. For selfish reasons, I'd love it if they made basketball players stay two years because it would be good for college basketball and probably good for the NBA.

But... Some of these guys are NBA ready coming out of high school. LeBron was, Garnett was, Dwight Howard was, Kobe was.

Even Kwame Brown was able to last in the NBA for over a decade even if he never became what some thought he would be.

I kind of think the NBA may make it two years and the players' union will likely back it. Is it fair? Not at all...

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

See, this is at least honest. It is selfish as hell to expect kids to play for free to entertain us when they could be earning millions of guaranteed money.

9. 93Devil

The NBA is a service industry.

Take a second to think about who their clients are. Then take another second to think about what a service industry is.

10. 93Devil

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I wonder if you have syphilis.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thanks Tips, please educate the rest of us.

You spew nonsense. Is the NBA suffering, you did see what the Clippers sold for , right?

You lost this argument 10 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted