1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deodorant? WTF?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 11, 2013.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Regular deodorant makes me break out in hives, so I have to use anti-antiperspirant.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm a gel guy ... I had a pretty bad problem with perspiration after college and went through a cycle of Certain Dri, that prescription strength stuff. It solved the program. I like the Speed Stick gel because it's not terribly swampy and gets the job done.

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I once saw a guy in the gym locker room lift his dick and apply Right Guard on the underside of his penis (it was that large).

I didn't ask if it was antiperspirant or deodorant.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'll echo the votes for Degree. Just all around solid choice.

5. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I've been using this for the better part of a decade:

[​IMG]

I tried the Old Spice fresh collection when it came out, but I developed this terrible rash. I've also tried Axe deodarant, but didn't like the way it held up compared to Right Guard.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I jump around. Haven't found anything that's guaranteed to keep me dry in the Florida summers. I sweat like a horse so I'm gonna be soaked and that's that. Probably a good thing I've been long off the dating scene.

But yeah, the marketing is ridiculous. I can't do anything with "swagger" nor will I use something that screams douchebag. Also gave up on the aerosol cans that rivaled my wife's hairspray for size.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Note: the above has never been in BYH's bathroom.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

All the photos show anti perspirant and deodorant. Bubs wanted deodorant. Perhaps he does care if his pits grow rice, he just wants to smell purty.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I never even really considered the difference between the two until college, when I had a roommate who was allergic to antiperspirant. If you're not allergic to it, why would you choose deodorant?

10. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

Usually Degree for me as well, unless Speed Stick or Right Guard is on a good sale. If the latter two brands, I let my wife choose because she knows which scents I don't care for and, more importantly, she knows which scents she can/can't stand.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Some people might not want to fuck with their body.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/underarm-care/problems/question627.htm

I use the anti stuff, but I could see how some people do not want to use it.

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I'm all about fucking with my body.

Draft saved Draft deleted