1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denver Post: Color photographs from 1939-43

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by expendable, Jul 29, 2010.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I bet "African American" sure beats the original notations on the slides.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

The carbon worker in the last photo looks like the Joker.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

It is a book, and a good one....I have it at home but can't remember the title. I assume it's the same as the title of the exhibition.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The building that looks like a giant upside-down pencil in No. 52 is the Carbide and Carbon Building on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. I know it because I worked in it when I temped for the AP in 1992.

It's now a Hard Rock Hotel.

5. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Check out Russia, in color ...

From 1909.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/08/russia_in_color_a_century_ago.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed1_HP

6. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Wow. Those photos are amazing. The fifth one is so crisp and clear, I couldn't believe it was shot in 1909.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Tremendous photos. The children photos make me wonder what kind of life they ended up having. They look so innocent in the photos, yet knowing , there's a lot of shitty history ahead for them, it makes me feel kinda sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted