1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Miller is no Keith Olbermann

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jun 13, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And Dead. To. Me!!!!!!!

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

In that case, I imagine they'll be suing Tucker and me as soon as they find out about this.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd protest, but that's hard to do with a foot in your mouth... (Hi BYH!)

4. IU90

IU90 Member

And do you agree with the Republicans who currently hold power?

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I think you guys are wrong on Dennis. He's not a Republican . . . he's a libertarian.

I actually find his Miller Time rants to be somewhat funny. Just reading the lines on a message board doesn't have the same affect as watching the delivery and facial expressions. Not too mention you can't tell when he is being sarcastic or just being a wise ass.

And is it wrong of him to lean more right after 9/11? Cause that's when he made his move. He was a guy who was sick of the John Kerry philosophy that the country could be defended by spitballs.

But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And Bill O'Reilly is now going after the menace of...not Rosie, not judges, not the mainstream media, but.... BEARS! I thought it was a parody of Colbert, but he was serious.

8. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Wow, nobody remembers the Zell Miller speech from the Republican Convention?

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Y'know, Red, I think I had tried to suppress that, but I do remember.

My apologies. That is actually funny.

10. IU90

IU90 Member

Umm, a true Libertarian would be completely outraged at this unnecessary Iraq war. And the unrestrained irresponsibe increase in federal spending. And the ballooning of our federal deficit. And the Patriot Act and similar policies curtailing individual liberties. I think a true Libertarian would feel more outrage toward the Bush Administation's policies than Harry Reid. Miller's rants don't sound libertarian to me, they sound like those of a Fox financed apologist for the current administration.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

As the old saying goes: "When you're young and idealistic, if you are not a Democrat, you have no heart, and when you are older and richer, if you aren't a Republican, you have no brain."

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted