1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dennis Hastert is a total stroke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Oct 5, 2006.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Right, Frank. I don't actually believe Rove has been exonerated. I really believe he is right now serving time in prison. But the NYT and WP and CNN, ABC and NBC are all not reporting on it.

And I don't really believe how the 9/11 Senate report discredited Joe Wilson -- despite the numerous passages in it that do exactly that. Joe Wilson is a hero. He invented the Wilson baseball glove, right Frank?

2. Hastert -- still a liar.
    Rove? Exonerated? By whom? Of what?

3. old_tony

Fenian-- always a liar.
    Rove? Exonerated by Fitzgerald in the Plame leak case. But, you knew that already.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Funny, I think this is the first time anyone has ever used the terms "hack" and "clown" to describe someone who spoke out only one time and was absolutely 100 percent correct in everything he said.

Did they change the definition of those two words and I missed the memo?

5. Wilson's not in the 9/11 commission report, you freaking foof.
    The 9/11 report was about, you know, 9/11.
    Rove leaked the name.
    Hastert's lying.
    Carry on.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

There you go again with those damn facts.

7. old_tony

My mistake. It's the Senate Report on Intelligence. Wrong name of the report, but my point stands. Of course, you knew that.

8. No, foof.
    Wrong report. About a different set of events. If I wrote that World War II was ended by the Treaty of Westphalia, the excuse "wrong treaty" would be, ah, insufficient.
    The story you're relying upon on for this little side trip -- written by famous Whitewater stenographer Steno Sue Schmidt -- rather overstates what the committee report says, which in turn seems to address claims that Wilson never made.
    His wife was still undercover.
    They blew her cover.
    One by accident, one maliciously.
    And Hastert's still lying.

9. old_tony

I can find the same story and the same conclusion by hundreds of other writers, too, but I'm sure you'll call them all partisan hacks, too. The Senate Report on Intelligence Failures is pretty clear on Wilson being a liar, whether or not you want to accept it. Yeah, I apologized for crossing it up with another big report from roughly the same time frame. If you want to make that an issue, it shows how little you have when it comes to the real points. It's a report put out by a bi-partisan committee of the Senate. Since it doesn't come to the conclusions that you'd like, you dismiss it and the reporter who wrote it for the (leftist) Washington Post. Wilson blew his wife's cover more than anyone else really did. Call me when there's an actual prosecution from the case other than Libby for perjury that had nothing to do with any outing of Plame.

But for the sake of showing we can agree on something, Fenian, I totally agree with you on your comment about Norman Chad on a different thread. I suppose you might want to reconsider your view on Chad now because of that. :0

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Lock up the women and children, folks. tony's back.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I really like that out of all things Wilson said, the one thing old tony is concerned with is that he lied about who arranged his trip. Forget that the guy was 100 percent accurate about the lies the administration was using to bump up support for this mass murder mission, he didn't out his own wife and that's the important part here.

At some point, tony, you should go through all of your posts, note the ridiculous bullshit they contain and then come back and apologize to all of us for wasting our time.

12. old_tony

If you think that the Senate report only discredited Wilson on that one point, then you obviously haven't read it. Come back when you've reached puberty and can actually read such reports.

First off, the report concluded that Iraq did try to by enriched uranium in Niger. The report even concluded that what Wilson said in his report contradicted what he said in the media about what he said in his report.

So, once again, dog makes a claim that is easily refuted.

Draft saved Draft deleted