1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denis Leary on Mel Gibson...thank you sj.com and youtube

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Re: I know it's a long shot, but....

Who was the gravel-voiced guy who was nailing Gibson along with him? Another guest in the booth? Or one of the Sox announcers?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Can't remember the guy's name but he's been in a couple shows with Leary.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, he's on "rescue me." 8) 8) 8)

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Lenny Clarke... another comedian.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Thank you dog and poindexter. I can't listen until I get home, but I knew my fell SportsJournalists.commers would come through on this one.

shockey, good idea... I'll change it once I figure out how....

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

great job, out of place. this should take off now, given the leary-clarke-"rescue me" fans here. 8) 8) 8)

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Wow. That really took off.

It would be really funny if Youkilis wasn't Jewish.

8. KP

KP Active Member

The initial joke was Youkilis being called the "Greek God of Walks" in Moneyball. He's not Greek, just happens to be Jewish.

9. I saw it live and laughed my ass off.

And I've listened to it a few times since and haven't been able to pick out an f-bomb.

These two do this every year. Best inning of Red Sox baseball on NESN the entire season.

Leary does a lot of work for charity and I don't think he gets enough credit for that.

10. I mentioned this elsewhere but Youkilis is Jewish and he plays baseball. That means he's in baseball-reference.com's database. They categorize players based upon the first 5 letter of their last name and the first two of their first. If there are more than one match they add an 01, 02, 03 etc.

Kevin Youkilis' entry in baseball-reference.com is truly unfortunate for a Jewish player

http://www.baseball-reference.com/y/youkike01.shtml

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Friggin' brilliant! Thanks for sharing that. :D

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

At the very end, as he's putting the microphone down, he says, "I hope we didn't get you in trouble." That was just awesome. They should kick Tony Kornheiser out of the booth and put Denis Leary in. Better yet, they should keep Kornheiser and kick Theisman out in favor of Leary.

Draft saved Draft deleted