1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dems have house, senate; is Clinton next? next?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Recently read an outstanding piece in New Yorker about Rupert Murdoch and how he's gotten all buddy-buddy with the Clintons recently. There's a good chance his NY Post will endorse Hillary if she runs.

I'd say right now Hillary is in the driver's seat to be your next President.

I know some will be pissed to hear about this, but I think she'll do fine.

ASSUMING of course housing doesnt crush the economy, and the war gets worse, and Iran gets invaded by the terrorists ... and this Israel stuff gets worse ...

*spelling...oops

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Rupert would love it if Hillary ran. It would guarantee a victory for the GOP.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hillary may very well be the best president but I don't think she is electable. Maybe.

4. God I hope not.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hillary Clinton is NOT electable. She will not be sell in most of middle America. She is abrasive, she doesn't speak on the campaign trail, she yells.
    The surest way for the Republicans to retain the White House is for the Democrats to nominate Hillary.

And I think she is a very smart woman who probably would be a good president.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hillary will not get votes in middle America or the South... She'll do great in New York and California and while that's important, she'll have to pick up all of the "Southern Democrats" that got her husband elected twice and that will be a hard sell.

If Murdoch is supporting Hillary, it's to get the nomination, not become the president...

I think Hillary stands an excellent chance of getting the nomination, especially if Obama doesn't run. I just can't imagine her winning the general election...

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Couldn't agree more; I heard a lot of people say Bush won in '04 because Kery was unlikable and unelectable. Clinton would be the exact same thing, as would Obama. The people who MU_was_not_so_hard mentioned in his rant the other day, the weirdo, far-right wingers, would not vote for a woman or a black. Yet.

As a republican, those are two I'd vote for. But the majority, like I said, would not.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You start crediting your party for its victories and then you come out and discredit yourself with the Hillary crap.

Guiliani would love to dump her dreams in the can.

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I'm very much desiring a change in the national leadership, but Hilary Clinton isn't exactly who I was think would take over. In fact, I think she is the one person who will make sure that the Republicans hold the White House.

The Dems need to put somebody who is the complete opposite (personality-wise, etc.) than Gore and Kerry.

The Republicans didn't lose the house and senate because the dems were better candidates. I think the country is just sick of some of the crap that is going on in politics and the dems were the only other choice.

Leaders by default. . . isn't this a great country?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

To have any credibility, learn how to spell Giuliani.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I find that interesting.

I also think much of that is in the eye (or ear) of the citizen.

She COMES OFF AS abrasive . . . she COMES OFF AS yelling.

When in fact she is no more abrasive or shrill than most any other politician.

When Bush was taking advantage of the Kerry gaffe to scram about the "gross insult to our troops!" he was VERY abrasive and yelling VERY loudly.

But it didn't come across like that to the average voter. And it certainly didn't come across like that to his supporters.

But a woman will never get that benefit of the doubt. She cannot raise her voice. She cannot even appear the slightest bit passionate about any issue.

And that's why America will elect a female president . . . about two weeks from never.

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

So I'll pose this question then: How many people would vote for Hillary with the thinking that it can get Bill back on the inside, so he can run things and she's his puppet?

Draft saved Draft deleted